TRIPLE LAYER SPONGE CAKEwith Cheese
- 8 slices Emborg Cheddar Slices (coloured)
- 30 g Emborg Dice Cheese
- 20 g Emborg Gran Amici Shredded
- 6 Fresh eggs (Grade A, room temperature)
- 100 g Self-Rising Cake Flour
- 70 g Fresh Milk (room temperature)
- 80 ml Corn Oil
- 10 ml Vanilla Essence
- 90 g Castor Sugar
- 3 g Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven to 180C.
Separate egg yolk and egg white. Combine Egg White, Sugar and Cream of tartar in mixer; beat until soft peak.
In another mixer bowl, combine egg yolk, vanilla essence, fresh milk and corn oil for 5 minutes. Sift cake flour into mixture bowl and beat for 1 minute.
Using a spatula, fold whipped egg white mixture gently into cake batter. Pour 1/3 cake batter into cake pan and add cheddar slices. Pour another 1/3 of cake batter over and add dice cheese. Then pour remaining batter into baking pan.
Sprinkle with Gran Amici Shredded cheese.
Bake for 50 minutes.