MEDITERRANEAN RATATOUILLEwith White Cheese
- 400 g Emborg white cheese, thinly sliced or crumbed
- 2 aubergines, thinly sliced
- 2 green squash, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh rosemary to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 ml good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Turn the oven on at 180 degrees.
Brush a large oven dish with olive oil. Alternatively place 3/4 of the feta cheese slices or crumble with the vegetables, so you have a beautiful array of colour in the dish. Season with salt and pepper as you place the vegetable slices. Top with fresh sprigs of rosemary and drizzle generously with olive oil stirred with the minced garlic.
Bake the ratatouille in the oven for approximately 20-30 min. depending on the oven. Remove the ratatouille from the oven and decorate the top with the remaining feta cheese, while still hot.
Serve on its own with good crusty bread or as an accompanying side dish to lamb, fish or chicken.