CHICKEN ENCHILADAwith Avocado
- 150 g Chicken breast diced boneless
- 40 g Onion peel diced fine (3 tablespoons)
- Yellow and green Capsicum skin only, cut into slivers
- 5 g Garlic minced (1 teaspoon)
- 50 g Black beans cooked
- Cherry tomato sliced 50 g (6-7 pcs)
- 20 g Pickled jalapeno sliced (2 table spoons)
- Fresh oregano pinch
- Fresh thyme pinch
- 1 tsp Lemon zest finely grated
- 1 Avocado meat diced roughly
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil
- 4 pcs Flour tortilla
- 100g Emborg Cheddar, shredded (approx. 1 large handful)
- 100ml Taco tomato sauce
Sauté the onion and chicken pieces together in the hot peanut oil. Cook evenly until the chicken juices run clear, for the last minute add the herbs and mix, sliced tomato and lemon zest to infuse all flavours. Pour this mix into a container big enough to hold it.
Reheat the pan and sauté the capsicum and garlic in a saucepan, stirring until softened. Add the black beans and warm through. Mix with the chicken mixture and the raw diced avocado and jalapeno and adjust seasoning.
Place mixture in tortilla wraps and fold into enchilada shapes. Place in a heatproof tray and cover with taco tomato sauce and shredded cheddar.
Bake uncovered in a preheated oven at 170-180 degrees for 15 minutes.