BAKED RADICCHIOwith mozzarella and satay sauce
- 5 small radicchio lettuce, cut in quarters. Outer leaves reserved for serving.
- 400 g Emborg mozzarella cheese
- 4 shallots, finely chopper
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 tbs ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 50 ml low salt soya
- 150 ml white wine
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 200 g peanuts, toasted and unsalted
- Neutral oil for frying
- Extra roughly peanuts to serve
- Fresh sprigs of chervil to serve
- Radicchio leaves to serve - outer leaves
Place the radicchio in a baking tray and top with the mozzarella cheese. Set aside while making the satay sauce.
Heat a little oil in a saucepan and sauté shallots, chili, ginger and coriander for 2-3 min. Add fish sauce, soya, wine and coconut milk. Let the sauce simmer for 3 min. And add the peanuts. Blend the sauce completely smooth and keep it warm while gratinating the radicchio under a very hot salamander for 2 min.
Place the gratinated radicchio in a serving dish. Decorate the edges of the dish with the outer leaves from the radicchio. Spoon the satay sauce over the leaves ant top with more toasted peanuts and fresh chervil. Serve immediately.